Saturday, June 30, 2012

Old City Hall by Robert Rotenberg






The description of the book does not disappoint. I loved that the author kept the chapters short so the book was fast paced. It added to the tension and suspense throughout the story. There were many characters to keep track of in this story but the way the author structured the story allowed the reader to keep up and not forget a character. The author started the book with a chapter dedicated to the different characters in the book. Throughout the book each chapter seemed to come from a point of view of an individual character. It was fascinating to see what was happening to each character as the story progressed.

As the story progressed, the tension mounted. I found myself rooting for Kevin Brace and hoping that Nancy Parish could find a way to prove he did not commit the murder. I also found myself as frustrated as Parish when she could not get Brace to talk to her. I could really put myself in the shoes of all the characters because of the way the author wrote the book.

The only negative I found with this book was all the references to hockey. I am a hockey fan but it did not seem necessary to the story and at times it was a distraction.

For the first time, I enjoyed an ending like Mr. Rotenberg wrote. I do not want to give away the ending but I really enjoyed the way he ended this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment