Friday, June 29, 2012

You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz









I really enjoyed this book. I have never read a Gregg Hurwitz book but I am so grateful that I have been introduced to his writing.

This book hooks you from the very start. Mike Wingate is left abandoned as a child and cannot remember anything about his father except that he had blood on his sleeve. He spends his childhood waiting for his dad to come back for him. He befriends another young boy and the two are constantly in trouble. Mike decides to change his life around but Shep continues a life of crime.

Years later, Mike has a family and his own business when things start going bad for him. He has to call his old friend Shep to help him sort through all the things that are going wrong and to help protect his family.

Hurwitz has written a fantastic psychological thriller. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. I was never sure how Mike was going to get through all the difficulties in his life.

Hurwitz did a great job of building on Mike's past. As I read, I was reminded of things that happened to Mike in his childhood. Herwitz gave the reader Mike's childhood history through flashback chapters. I like that he broke up the current time and the flashbacks by chapters. It allows the reader to keep the past and present straight.

I will definitely read more Hurwitz books.

No comments:

Post a Comment