Friday, June 29, 2012

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


I have a friend who has talked about the Mortal Instruments Series for awhile now. I thought I would get into it as well.

I found the first half of this book captivating. It took me no time to get through the first 200 pages. I loved all the conflict between the characters. I was captivated by how Clary was transforming herself through the challenges she was facing.

As I passed the half-way point, I didn't find myself as hooked on the story. I enjoyed the action but it eventually seemed like the book has just gone on a little too long. It felt as though the author was trying to add more and more when the story didn't need that much. I found myself slightly disappointed in how the relationship between Jace and Clary changed. I guess I felt it was too predictable and I would have liked their relationship to have stayed the same. I did like how Luke's involvement changed and how his character developed in the second half of the story.

Overall, this was a good book. It wasn't one of the best I have read but I did enjoy it. I am planning on reading the second book in the series to see how the story line develops in that book. I will know more if this is a series that I will finish after reading the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment