Friday, June 29, 2012

Fallen Angels by Connie Dial





In this story, Police Captain Josie Corsino is notified of the death of a young Hollywood actress. This starts a confusing web of who she can and cannot trust. There are pressures coming from her boss to get the case solved and to keep the local Councilman and his son out of the investigation. Captain Corsino is juggling the political pressures with this case along with the pressures of her home life...her son knew the victim and her husband has just left her. Captain Corsino finds herself questioning everyone she has known for years.

This is the first Connie Dial book I have read. I found it to be fast paced and suspenseful. At the beginning of the book, I was anxious to find out who was guilty of the murders and how all the pieces fit together. By the half-way part of the book, I had a good idea of who I thought was guilty but I couldn't figure out the pieces to make it all fit. As I reached the end of the book, some of those pieces started to fall into place. Then they question a suspect and all the pieces are put together. What I was disappointed in was that the book was wrapped up so quickly. It felt like the end was rushed. They interview a suspect and in four pages the whole case is wrapped up with a bow on it. I felt that there needed to be more explanation as to how and what happens to the suspect(s). This will not prevent me from reading a future Connie Dial book but I hope the next one has a more thorough ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment