Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cold Wind by C.J. Box






I have not read all the C.J. Box books but I have enjoyed all the books I have read by him. This one is no exception. I was not sure Box could top his second book in this series (it starts with an exploding cow) but he has topped it with this book!

The dynamic between all the characters is well written. Some of the characters were so well written that they were truly terrifying.
You could feel the tension between Joe Picket and his mother-in-law. If you have not read the previous books, it can be hard to understand the tension between Joe Picket and his friend Nate, but that does not detract from the story. You can still enjoy the book without reading all the previous books in the series.

I enjoyed reading through the twists and turns that Joe Picket goest through in order to find the truth about his father-in-law's death. I found myself tense as the story was unfolding and I could not put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment