Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Darker Place by Laurie R. King









I had only read one other Laurie R. King book before I read this book. I was honestly a little disappointed in this book. I did not feel the tension I expected to feel as I read the book. I like the subject matter: cults. I did not feel like the main character was in jeopardy of her life. I got the feeling that the main character was in control of the situation the entire time. I think that I might have felt more tension if there was more emphasis on how hard it was for the main character to get out of the cult. I never felt like her life was in danger in the cult and that she could get out any time she wanted leave. Towards the end of the book, it picked up and I started enjoying the story more. This definitely doesn't prevent me from reading other Laurie R. King books. I am still a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment