Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams










I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

Keye Street is an recovering alcoholic that has been released from the FBI and has started her own PI firm. She is best friends with Aaron Rauser who is a detective for Atlanta PD. Rauser contacts Keye about a serial killer that has sent a letter about the latest kill. Rauser wants Keye to help with the profile but Keye is nervous about helping. The last time she worked on a case like this, she used alcohol to help her through. Now she has to work the case sober. As the bodies and letters continue to turn up, Keye and Rauser are the chase of their lives and their lives are also at stake along the way.

I loved the writing style of Amanda Kyle Williams. She wrote with a wit and sarcasm that made me want to laugh even though I was on the edge of my seat with suspense. In the first couple of chapters I had my idea of who was responsible for the murders but by the last few chapters I was proven completely wrong and shocked at who was the real killer. I was impressed that Williams put in clues throughout the book and once you completed it, it all made sense. I love being challenged by the "who done it" in a book and this one sure challenged me.

I found myself putting post-it notes on pages that had paragraphs or sentences that really stood out to me. Williams describes what life is like for Keye when she has to basically start over. It described what I have been through in the perfect words. There were many moments that Williams described a scene/event/person so perfectly that I wanted to mark the page to be able to go back to it in the future. There are not many books that are that memorable to me.

Williams is definitely an author that I will keep my eye out for and continue to look for her future books.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this author. Thanks!

    I have some book reviews on my blog, if you want to check it out: diggingupbohns.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Amanda's books. They are good mystery/thrill books. I hope you get a chance to try this first one. Her main character, Keye, is great!

    I checked out your blog and I'm following it as well. Thanks again for the support!!

    ReplyDelete