Monday, February 25, 2013

NYPD Red by James Patterson












A NYPD Red team member named Zach Jordan is assigned a new partner and it just happens to be his ex-girlfriend, Kylie MacDonald. Kylie is married to a movie producer, It is time for the first Hollywood on the Hudson event. Hundreds of producers and actors are in town. The first morning starts off with the poisoning of a famous producer and it just gets worse from there. Now Zach and Kylie have to find a killer before all the movie industry mover and shakers are killed or leave town.



This book is another quick, easy read by Patterson. When I read Patterson books, I cannot expect deep thought provoking books, so this review is written with that in mind. The book was fast paced and I enjoyed the characters. I liked that there was a romantic conflict between Zach and Kylie but they did not cross the line. I enjoyed the fact that you could have a point of view from the perpetrator. It allowed for character development so you had an idea how he/she developed their ideas.



I was a little disappointed in the simplicity of the final confrontation with the perpetrator. It felt like the author got to that point and decided the book needed to wrap up so they just wrote an quick scene. It did not seem to me that the perpetrator would have been so sloppy in his/her setup after all the planning for the previous crimes.


Overall, this book did not disappoint when you consider it is a quick Patterson read. I loved the Zach and Kylie characters and their development. The story line was interesting and entertaining. I do not regret reading this book. It delivered as an easy and fun read.

*Library Book; Read Feb 4-7, 2013*

No comments:

Post a Comment